Friday, May 23, 2008

Narrowing Down Dates!

Hi,
Kathryn and I are slowly trying to narrow down dates for this picnic. We are leaning towards June 17th. This is a Tuesday night. I will get out more info. ASAP! I am so glad to see we have this many people who have joined us! Yeah!

Averi officially finished preschool yesterday! I kinda freaked out! She is 5 1/2 and went to preschool for 3 years. The progress is slow, especially her social skills. She is still really behind developmentally, but we are making progress. We still have many eating problems and potty training has been on my "dread list" for a long time now (Averi is a natural born nudist, I can't keep her in clothes!). I have made summer goals to conquer these problems! She still goes to lots of therapy, so this should help. I am about 85% of the problem because I don't like to, or am too tired/lazy to put in the necessary time to help her. I need therapy!

I am also learning how important it is to take time for myself! I take Averi to a stroller class 3 times a week. The class has been good for me and her; she gets out of the house and I get to burn off some stress and tension. I would like to hear what everyone else does for themselves too!

Peace Out!
Amber

1 comment:

Lessie said...

June 17 sounds good to me. Tuesdays and Fridays are usually the only free evenings I have now. Of course, I realize I'm not the only one that needs to be accommodated.